Chateauguay – NOVA
NOVA is located only 30 minutes from downtown Montreal in the bustling suburban town of Chateauguay.
Our experienced teachers, counsellors and staff are here to help you every step of the way. Whether your goal is to take a trade program, finish high school, or get ready for CEGEP, we offer you the support you need to meet your learning and career goals. Meet one-on-one with one of our counsellors to create a personalized learning path that helps you get where you want to go. The journey begins with you!
NOVA Career Centre
- City of Chateauguay
- Population 50,000
- 20 minutes drive from Montreal
- Suburban setting
- IELTS Overall and Individual Bands should not be less than 6.0.
- 50% or above in graduation.
- Study gap 5 years or less.
- Program complementary to previous education.
- Proof of Tuition Fee Payment.
- Less than 8 backlogs in graduation
- Special GIC of CAD 10,000 to cover living expenses
Love cars? Then you’re in the right place. NOVA has been designated as the provincial Centre of Expertise for Automobile Mechanics. Our program has a very diverse curriculum, made up of nearly 30 learning modules. An automobile mechanic’s work is more than just maintaining motor vehicles in perfect working order. It’s making sure cars are optimized for performance, are safe, and conform to environmental standards. Technology moves fast and mechanics need to be aware of the latest technical information so they can efficiently diagnose problems. Mechanics need to understand manufacturers drawings, diagrams, specifications, and car-maker recommendations. The ability to communicate with clients, think and solve problems, as well as work independently, are also essential qualities in this service-driven industry. Get your hands dirty and discover the trade through applied learning and practical training. Our program helps you stay ahead of the curve and discover the most up to date methods, procedures, and skills essential to the trade and a successful career in the automotive world.
Skills you will learn
- The ability to diagnose computer, fuel injection and ABS systems with a scanner (Tech-2 / Snap-on)
- How to use a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) to solve electrical and computer problems.
- An understanding of steering and front-end mechanics with electronic wheel Alignment.
- Overall proficiency that will qualify you as a general technician with the ability to work on any part of the automobile.
- IELTS Academic (2 months min.)
- Applications, Admissions & LoA, Simultaneous Process with IELTS (2 - 4 weeks)
- Open GIC Account & Arrange Finances (2 weeks)
- Tuition Fee payment & its receipt
- Payment of GIC & certificate receipt
- Clear medicals with panel doctors.
- Visa filling & submission
- Visa received
Tuition Cost - CAD 24,139
Consumables - CAD 455 (to be paid at Centre upon starting)