CIES | 11-September-2019
Task-2 for IELTS Writing Exam requires writing an essay
Here the topics are mostly abstract with no right answer. This task is worth twice as much as Task-1. So the better way to go is to develop a relevant vocabulary to present your views. This task requires about 40 minutes.
Questions Type to Pursue
The types of questions you can expect in this Task are listed below and these are just classification of types.
- Discuss both sides of an argument
- Discuss the pros and cons or advantages or disadvantages
- Present your point of view on an issue
- Agree or disagree with a statement
- Gives reasons for the existence of a problem
Your whole essay structure
It is important to build your vocabulary and it is also necessary to structure your essay as follows:
1. An Introduction
This paragraph expresses the examiner the flow of your essay and what you’re going to be talking about. This assists the examiner for establishing your thought or stand on an issue. Here is the vocabulary that you need to have to ass ist you in getting started on any essay topic.
- In my opinion/point of view
- I think that
- I believe that
- I understand that
- From my perspective
- From my understanding of the situation
- I agree
- I disagree
- I strongly agree
- I strongly disagree
- It appears that
- It may seem that
2. The Main Body or Argument
The main body should continue in line with the introduction, offering you the details and the reason for your opinion with supportive relevant examples and explanation. Vocabulary you can use for it:
- In my opinion
- My first argument
- To embark on
- It is commonly believed
- First of all
- In the first place
- To begin with
- To start with
3. The second argument or paragraph
The second paragraph should either be in support of the previous argument or present a contrasting view, based on what the question details out for you to do.
Vocabulary you can use
- On the contrary
- In contrast
- Second of all
- The second reason being
- To drive this point
- In support of the previous argument
- On the flip side
- In continuation
- In addition to
- On the other hand
- Apart from
- After that
4. The concluding paragraph
Here you are required to summarize your line of thought. A narrow ending which concludes the whole argument in whatever way is required.
Vocabulary for the conclusion can be:
- In conclusion
- I would like to conclude by saying
- I would like to close this argument by
- To summarise
- To sum up
- I would personally conclude by saying
- It may seem that
5. Bonus tips to be followed in order to achieve a band 8+
1. Beware of sounding like an academic while arguing and ignore using overtly passionate language like I hate or I would not like.
2. Ensure to break up each section while keeping in mind the cohesiveness of the essay.
Don’t write in one big paragraph.
3. Try to use terms or angles when there is an urge to reiterate in any way. Try avoiding repeating yourself even when trying to reiterate an idea.
4. Take 5 to 10 minutes in order to plan before you commence writing. When you begin, this makes all the difference. It will assist you achieve the task in less time.
5. Ensure to conclude your essay. Even when you are out of time, write a few concluding lines to your essay.
6. Ignore to use slangs, overtly complicated language or leaving sentences half done. Ensure you do have the time to revise and make corrections since the exam is written in pencil.
It’s vital to learn vocabulary in order to make enrich your essay with English words and you need to practice new words.
Book Your FREE IELTS Demo Classes. Check your eligibility for Canada Education & PR. Book Your Free Counseling Session with Mr. Salil Bhatia, Director & CEO, CIES by filling in the form at http://www.cies.org.in/. Get Canada PR In 6 Months*
CIES is one of the most renowned Canada Education & Immigration Consultants in Noida & Delhi NCR. We are top study abroad and overseas immigration consultants for developed countries like Canada, Australia, NZ, Singapore, US, UK… We also assist for jobs in Canada and study abroad loan for Canada. Our study abroad loan partners are HDFC Credila and Avanse. We also provide consultancy services for studies in Canada with 3 year work permit in all streams for best courses in Canada.
CIES is one of the best IELTS Coaching in Noida. We are having one on one session IELTS Coaching. Here first of all, an induction test is conducted to know the weaker areas of the students. Then the student is offered customized IELTS classes by certified and highly experienced faculty. Timely mock tests are conducted to track the student’s performance. You may witness our quality of training through numerous success stories. Apart from it, we are having an awesome infrastructure that is very convenient for students. Book Your Best IELTS Coaching Classes Today. Get Free Demo Classes. Undoubtedly, CIES is the best IELTS Coaching in Noida. We also offer weekend and online Skype classes for IELTS.