CIES | Best IELTS Coaching in Noida | Canada Education & Immigration Consultants

CIES | 29-November-2019

You may gain valuable work experience as an international student in Canada. When you meet the certain requirements, you are able to work on campus on or off campus while studying in Canada. Here is the information below to see all the information and requirements for studying and working in Canada.  

Working as a Co-op or Intern

International students intending to study with a co-op or internship program are required to apply for a work permit as well as the student permit. There are the where work experience is part of the curriculum. This is known as co-op or internship.

You are not eligible to work during your studies if:

  • you study French or English as a second language (ESL/FSL), or
  • you participate in preparatory courses/ general interest.

Are you eligible?

Here are the requirements that you are required to fulfill in order to be eligible for this work permit:

  • You are required a valid study permit
  • the employment must be a vital part of your program when you are studying in Canada
  • the employment is required to be part of the academic/vocational/professional training program offered by a school. You are required to get a certified letter from an academic official of the institution.
  • The co-op/internship cannot be more the 50% of the total time of your program.

You are not be eligible to work during your studies if:

  • you study French or English as a second language
  • you participate in preparatory courses/ general interest.

Working Part Time on Campus

You may also opt to work on campus with a study permit. When you meet the requirements below, you are not needed a work permit to work on campus

You are a full-time student at:

  • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university, or a collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
  • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
  • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees and you have a valid study permit.

Work Part Time off Campus

You may also opt to work off campus as an international student while you are studying in Canada. You would be permitted to work part time as per your study permit if you qualify.


When can you work?

  • up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions
  • full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.


  • valid study permit,
  • be a full-time student,
  • be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level
  • study an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree
  • diploma / certificate minimum 6 months duration

 Social Insurance Number

You are required to have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for all these types of work.

In order to receive the benefits/services from the government, you are required to obtain this from Service Canada

student is required to have one of the follow statements printed on your study permit in order for you to apply for your SIN.

On Campus work:

  • May accept employment on the campus of the institution at which registered in full-time studies
  • May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

Off-campus work:

  • May work 20 hrs per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section186(v) of IRPR
  • May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

You must submit a request for an amendment to your study permit before you can apply for a SIN, when your study permit does not have one of the above conditions or remarks. There is no payment needed for this request.

 Book Your FREE IELTS Demo Classes. Check your eligibility for Canada Education & PR. Book Your Free Counseling Session with Mr. Salil Bhatia, Director & CEO, CIES by filling in the form at Get Canada PR In 6 Months*


CIES is one of the most renowned Canada Education & Immigration Consultants in Noida & Delhi NCR. We are top study abroad and overseas immigration consultants for developed countries like Canada, Australia, NZ, Singapore, US, UK… We also assist for jobs in Canada and study abroad loan for Canada. Our study abroad loan partners are HDFC Credila And Avanse. We also provide consultancy services for studies in Canada with 3 year work permit in all streams for best courses in Canada.


CIES is one of the best IELTS Coaching in Noida. We are having one on one session IELTS Coaching. Here first of all, an induction test is conducted to know the weaker areas of the students. Then the student is offered customized IELTS classes by certified and highly experienced faculty. Timely mock tests are conducted to track the student’s performance. You may witness our quality of training through numerous success stories. Apart from it, we are having an awesome infrastructure that is very convenient for students. Book Your Best IELTS Coaching Classes Today. Get Free Demo Classes. Undoubtedly, CIES is the best IELTS Coaching in Noida. We also offer weekend and online Skype classes for IELTS.